Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Million Things I do Poorly


I have been told I am a terrible blogger.  I don’t feel bad.  I will just add it to the list of a million other things I am terrible at, Zuma (dumb facebook game), mothering, presenting sharing time (which I am currently avoiding prepping for), gardening, cooking, cleaning…like I said, “add it to the list”.

I would love to be able to detail all of the amazing and exciting things that have happened to our family since we last posted, but I can’t even remember what I made for dinner two nights ago, so detailing month’s worth of activities is impossible. 

Let’s see if I can hit the highlights. 

February was all about Odyssey of the Minds!  I helped coach Bubba’s team two to three times a week, and Pie’s team seemed to practice almost every day, but all of the hard work paid off.  Pie’s team won first place in her division at the Regional competition, which means her team qualified for State.  Bubba’s team did a great job (if they had judged them competitively his team totally would have won.  He is in the Primary Division so they don’t go on to State.   This actually made me pretty happy since I didn’t have to keep coaching. 

In March we hit the Air Show again.  We had a great time.  My kids love watching the planes, and as usual it did not disappoint.   We also had a visit from Matt.  I know he wanted his own blog post, but he didn’t bring Valorie with him, just a whole bunch of stinky boys, so he doesn’t get his own post.  Not to mention he taught Brady a whole bunch of April Fools tricks.   Let’s just say, there was a whole bunch of screaming and panic when Pie turned on the water in the kitchen and the sprayer drenched her.  Really?   Who thought teaching a six year old to tape down the handle on the kitchen sink sprayer was a good idea??   We wrapped up March with a trip to the State Odyssey of the Mind competition where Pie’s team took  4th.  I won’t lie, I was quite relieved.  The top two teams  go to World’s, which will be held in Iowa this year.  I don’t have a clue how we would have fit that into our jam packed schedule…maybe next year.

In early April we were lucky enough to have my sister and her husband and my niece Lou come for Spring break.  My kids were in heaven.  They LOVE getting spoiled by their Auntie.  We also found ourselves up to our eyeballs in Football again.   This time Bubba is playing in a Flag only league and we are all enjoying it much more.  He can play in this league until he is fourteen, which will be better for Mom than having him go to tackle next year.   On April 20th I was lucky enough to get to see College Daughter graduate from Brigham Young University.  We are so proud of all of her accomplishments.  Although, what do I call her now?  Full-time Employed Daughter?  Oh wait, I guess we could call her Engaged Daughter.  Yep, you read that right; she also got engaged the same weekend.  We are very happy for her and her fiancée (he doesn’t have a blog name yet).  My Dad and Step-Mom also visited us in April.  We had a great time with them.  They got to see Bubba play football, and we took them on a day trip to Julian, CA.  It was so nice to get to spend some time with them.   To top off our crazy April Bubba turned SEVEN!!!  I am not sure how that even happened.   He is my baby.  Luckily he still likes to climb in my lap every morning and snuggle for a few minutes. 

May---I don’t know, I am too tired to think about it.  Lots of dentist appointments, lots of swimming, lots of car repairs (Maybe that is why I am so tired.  Do you see the trend of money freely flowing out of my pocket book?).  School will be out this month, and the kids have been loving all of the end of school activities. 

Thanks for all four of our readers who kept checking for updates.  Hopefully I will post at least once a week.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like things are fun at your house! i miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. see the things you can accomplish while you're avoiding work? its marvelous! well done on the spring re-cap. Next up, the busiest summer ever. good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete