Saturday, March 26, 2011

Damn Yankees

We have a problem.

Bubba has started Little League.

That isn't the problem.

Upon arriving at our first practice Bubba was informed that he would be playing for the Yankees. He immediately says, "that is stupid, I hate the Yankees." Ok, two words we don't say in our house, but that is for another day. He immediately turns to his dad with a troubled look on his face. Gee, I wonder where he learned to hate the Yankees? Yes, folks Cool Dad is a die hard Dodgers fan. Always has been, always will be. So, while twisting a knife in his heart he gave Bubba a half arm pump and said, "Go Yankees".




Bubba seems to be converted. He was very happy to put on his uniform for the opening ceremonies this morning, and his first game this afternoon.

Since Cool Dad is helping out with the kids I am going to get him a Yankees hat to wear. He is going to LOVE it (pictures to come)!!

5 comments:

  1. ha ha HA!

    ps- didn't know Cool Dad was such an avid Dodgers fan. I grew up a Dodgers fan as well. Maybe he'll be excited to learn I have Steve Garvey's autograph. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Dad, what a good sport you are! Atta boy! Way to fake it for Bubba.

    and btw--I was just wondering if there's any body named Talon on the team...??? and if so, any Grandpa's coming to cheer them on....????
    yup, I'm laughing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a kind, sweet, thoughtful, loving, supportive wifey... way to go hot mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Farmgirl. I had a good laugh about that just the other day.

    I do what I can Ali:)

    Anne-Cool Dad wanted to go to Dodgers opening day on Saturday, but I vetoed it. Talk about bad wife. Oh well, maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son-in-law is a DIEHARD Yankees fan. But guess who is moving to Boston...in the summer...!! Sometimes justice is too sweet!

    ReplyDelete