Tuesday, March 29, 2011

OOH-RAH

From the Halls of Montezuma,
To the shores of Tripoli;
We fight our country's battles
In the air, on land, and sea;



Growing up my Dad, who served in the Air Force, would sing all of the Armed Forces songs to us, at least the first few lines. Of course making sure that we knew the Air Force song was obviously the best. Even with his memory loss, hearing any of these songs is still bring a great big smile to his face.



Last weekend we were lucky enough to spend the day on the Marine base attending the air show in our town. It made me think of my Dad, I wished he were there. He and my Step-Mom missed it by just one week. Although we had a great time at the camel farm with them the previous weekend (sorry no pics...bad mom, bad mom).

The kids had a great time (except for the 45 minutes getting on base, and the horrible lunch because the bun was touching the hot dog). Cool Dad enjoyed it all (except for the 45 minutes getting OFF the base)and I got some great photos, but I haven't even told you the best part.

Wait for it....

It was FREE (except for lunch)



I am proud to be an American.
I get a little choked up when I see the flag.
I am proud of my Dad who is a Vet.
I appreciate those who serve yesterday, today and tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Imagine, if you will, a very young, very skinny, new proud papa named Sweet Cheeks. Now imagine him cuddling his newborn babe, Adam. And now imagine him singing him to sleep with the only lullaby he knew....From the Halls of Montazuma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Dad laughed out loud when he read your comment. Oh what a visual.

    ReplyDelete