Friday, May 6, 2011

The Birthday Boy

My baby is six.

I keep thinking that my birthdays are painful, but this one was by far the worst. The whole year he was five I kept telling myself he was still really just a toddler because he could fit into 5T clothes, but it just isn’t true anymore. He is a little boy. I have about five minutes each morning right when he wakes up to pretend he is my baby, but once he is off and running, it is all over.

I am also sad to report that you know it is your last child when this is how you wrap their birthday presents, which he got to open a day early since we left on a San Diego overnighter early on his actual birthday. He is very happy with his presents, including his Wii Mario Kart.



To take a little of the birthday sting away College Daughter came home for a few days once her semester ended. We had a great time having her here for Easter, and for Bubba’s birthday.

San Diego was a ton of fun, and the little kids were excited to hit the beach. It was a bit chilly at the beach, but that didn’t slow them down one bit.


We stayed in Oceanside, and we were pretty close to the Marina. We had promised Bubba he could eat dinner wherever he wanted since it was his birthday. He picked McDonalds, but Cool Dad couldn’t find one close to us. Cool Dad found a few restaurants that were close. You should have heard his “selling” the restaurants he wanted to go to. We ended up at Joe’s Crab Shack, and everyone was happy. Bubba even got serenaded by the whole restaurant for his birthday.



The next morning we went to the Old Town to the Mormon Batallion Museum, the tides pools, and Cabrillo lighthouse. It was a quick trip, but so fun to have the whole family together again. We really miss College Daughter when she is not here.

Yes, I know Bubba's birthday was last month, but I am giving myslef a 30 day window here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Bubba...and Pie....and College Daughter...and Hot Mom...and, okay, even Cool Dad...when am I going to quit missing you guys!?!?

    ReplyDelete