Saturday, July 2, 2011

Water Fight with Hot Water...Because That is How We Roll

Hello Blog,

Oh how I have missed you. I have been gone for three weeks. I have been on an extended work/vacation going from the heat to the land of the "Frozen Chosen", to Zion, and across the country to the state of "Live Free or Die", and back to the depths of He**.

I have had limited computer access at different intervals, and I have so much to say and show you. However, it is 118 degrees outside right now, and I have to go make strawberry jam, but first our family will engage in a water fight with hot water. "Why would we do that?" You might ask. Because there is NO other type of water here. All water comes out of the pipes burning hot. I think we actually turned our hot water heater off. I do have the water balloons on ice as we speak, but I am not hopeful that they will be even the slightest bit cool.

I do however want to tell you that I LOVED my trip to Canada. It felt a little like coming home. How can a country who loves chocolate and Pepsi not have a little soft spot in my heart?

So, until I can dazzle you with my wit and beautiful landscape pics I will leave you with the first tidbit of my trip.

On the shuttle bus at the Las Vegas Airport (5am). Man sits down next to attractive woman, and asks, "So are you flying today?" Without missing a beat she responds, "Nope, I just like to hang out at the airport."

Here's your sign!

2 comments:

  1. The blog world has missed you as well. :) Glad you're home and after your hot water balloon fight, hope you post pictures and tell us all about your adventures.

    Love the Bill Engvall reference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Hi!! Can't wait for the low down on the trip. Love the hot water balloon fight...and I am super jealous about the strawberry jam!! I do love me some strawberry jam!!

    ReplyDelete