Monday, November 15, 2010

Overheard at Discount Tires

The last thing I want to do after working all day would be to head off to the tire store especially with two children yelling that they didn't want to go to the tire store, and really I understand. I mean, WHO DOES? I can think of a lot of fun ways to spend $350 and none of them include buying tires, but alas, I love the benefit of a vehicle to move me from points A, B, C, and D so tires become a necessity.

While waiting, still with two small children, we have A LOT of time on our hands to check out our surroundings. Bubba, is just starting to read, and sounds out everything. As he looks next door he asks, "What does KFC spell?" I tell him that it stands for Kentucky Fried Chicken.

He thinks for a few minutes, and says, "I will probably need some of that when I am in my Kentucky race."

I look at him and say, "You mean the Kentucky Derby?" It is a good thing the lady sitting next to him was not drinking a soda. She would have spit it all over us.

Some of you newer folks did not read an old post in our previous blog life where we discussed summer day camp options for children. Bubba ended up not attending a camp because we couldn't find a jockey camp...I say that like we actually tried. Well, lest you think he has given up on the dream of becoming a jockey he has not. Not only has he not given up on the dream, he has some fairly lofty goals for himself.

As far as today's conversation goes, I was actually happy he didn't talk about being a horse in the Kentucky Derby because a lot of the time he thinks it would be cooler to grow up and be the winning horse, not just the jockey. I really don't think the lady at the tire store could have handled that one.

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of my grandson, Logan, who (for months following the addition of a dog to the family, named Blue) named himself Green and ate his food like a dog, barked, whined like a dog and even was caught (YES) lifting his leg over a bush and marking his yard! Haha! Connie O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why oh why did you move Brady away! He says fantastic things. Besides I would pay big money to see him be one of the horses in any kind of race:) Are you cooling down yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knows, maybe he will grow up to be the horse someday . . . and a little Kentucky Fried Chicken can help him on his way. If anybody can do it, its Brady and his imagination. So when are you coming for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete