Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy Halloween...On November 3rd

I realize it is November, but we can't go forward until we have the Halloween post, so here it is.

It was a bit of a let down at school on Friday for Bubba. For two years he has watched his sister march in the costume parade at her old school. Finally, it was his turn. Then I had to break the bad news to him. Not only does our new school not have a costume parade, you don't even get to wear your costume to school. I might as well have killed him. Soooooo unfair. I really think that is what kicked off the weekend of temper tantrum. But alas, he did finally get to wear his costume, and he got to show off his dad wearing the costume he made for him.



Sorry about the pics, but considering we took these after the Halloween party I was in charge of, I am pretty happy we have anything to document the night.

There are also hands that go with Cool Dad's costume, but since the costume is attached with safety pins he got a little uptight at the thought of putting the hands on...my bad, I forgot the tape.



Pie was happy to be a witch. I have wanted her to be a witch for years, and finally she agreed. Her only stipulation was to be a happy witch. She spent more time sweeping with the broom than anything else. Her costume came straight off the rack, throw in some glow in the dark tights, and you are good to go.


Bubba's costume was a bit more of a pain. He decided he wanted to be a knight. the only knight costume I could find was $30. Anybody who knows me, knows there is no way I am going to spend that kind of money on a Halloween costume. Especially not when I can just throw one together. What kind of friends are you?? I say that every year, and every year I SWEAR I will never make another costume, and every year you let me. Seriously people, next year, plan an intervention. Not only did I spend more than $30 on supplies. I can't even begin to count the hours. However, the results are pretty cute (I mean awesome because knights are NOT cute).



Bubba is already planning his costume for next year. I think he is trying to figure out a way to incorporate his bow and arrows. Oh, and did I mention he was a crazy child all weekend? Tomorrow the story about how he drove me over the edge and I created the point system.

3 comments:

  1. Cool Dad looks awesome sporting that costume. Pie is the cutest nice witch ever and Bubba's knight costume...well...sorry, but if you can create such amazingness then I cannot help you out with an intervention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bubba's costume really is awesome!! Good work Heidi. I am so impressed. Pie makes a very cute witch and I love the costume Bubba made for Cool Dad. That boy has some talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the costumes! Caleb also has the cute vs. awesome rule. Sooo, Bubba looks awesome and pie looks cute! And, I didn't take any pics this year so i am glad you got any at all. And, I hate paying out the nose for costumes, but I have started to remember how I spend more money and more time to make my own and I bought all costumes this year (which was easy because Caleb would not wear one and neither would Corry or Bryce)

    ReplyDelete