Thursday, November 4, 2010

Shirt Happens

On Christmas Eve, the Heat Wavers all get new Jammies. This tradition is anxiously awaited by all the parties involved. I, too, even enjoy it. Its fun.

I don't wear the traditional PJs with the feet and the torture-inducing flannel, but I still manage to get some new sports shorts or a new t-shirt on Christmas Eve and the kids anxiously wait for me to wear my Jammies out in public. So I wear a t-shirt to bed and out to work. Big deal.

So this year, Hot Mom is going to get me a new t-shirt for my Christmas Eve Jammies. The conversation went something like this.

"I'm going to get you a t-shirt for Christmas Eve this year if that's okay,"

"Yeah, that sounds good."

"Do you want a specific color?"

"Ummm...you're not gonna get mad at me or anything are you?"

"Why?"

"Well, I kinda want ya to buy me a t-shirt with something on it this year."

"Something on it?"

"Yeah, like a design or some words or something...anything...on it."

"You want a design?"

"Yeah, I own 16 t-shirts. And every one of the t-shirts is a solid color."

"I doubt that."

Trip to closet confirms presence of 16 t-shirts with nothing on them. Two browns, two tans, two reds, two greens, a light-blue, a rust-colored, three grays, a dark blue, and a white. No stripes, no polka dots, no paisleys, no words, no character, no fun, no design...just solid t-shirts from the Big and Tall section of the Boring Store.

"So you're saying, I buy you boring clothes?"

"Umm..."

"So you're saying you'd rather buy your own clothes from now on because your wife dresses you like a big dud?"

"Umm..."

"So I'm not a good wife?"

"Umm...I love you?"

"Hmmmmph, well lookie here! Walmart is having a sale on Sesame Street-inspired t-shirts. There's a Big Bird for $5 and a Bert and Ernie for $7.50. Aaaaaannnnnddddd they have them in Triple X. This is gonna be a lot more fun than I thought."

"Umm..."

2 comments:

  1. Boring clothes are a thing of the past for you, my friend. A thing of the past!

    ....this is gonna be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you in your big bird jammies!

    ReplyDelete