Saturday, August 27, 2011

We are Rocking the Parenting World

I am trying to decide if I should title this post "Way to Parent Cool Dad & Hot Mom, or, "In Our Defense, She Does Cry Wolf...Often"

Friday was Cool Dad's day off. He was all set to sleep in, lounge, read, sleep, watch sports, read, sleep, watch sports. Until, the call came in. "Hello, this is the school, your daughter is sick, can you come get her?"

As soon as Cool Dad figures out who I am talking to on the phone he is yelling in the background, "No way, she did this two weeks ago on my day off. (Which is true, he did have to go to the school, and at that time determined she was not sick enough to come home so he left her there). "There is no way I am going to go get her."

I politely tell the nurse that I doubt she is sick since she really didn't want to go to school because her whole class was going to have to stay in at recess and write sentences. Pie thought this was entirely unfair because she didn't do anything wrong, and shouldn't be punished for what everyone else did. I think she should talk to College Daughter about that one. Half of College Daughter's conversations with me start with, "It is so unfair..."

The nurse then goes on to explain that her temp is normal, but she is complaining of an earache, and her ear is a little red and did I want to come get her. (Cool Dad is still yelling in the background that he is not going to that school.)

I finally tell the nurse that we would come get her. Cool Dad stomps off to the school, and takes her straight to Insta Care thinking this may cure the calls on his days off.

One ear infection, and two prescriptions later it looks like we will be spending the weekend at home.

P.S. She totally got out of writing sentences. How did she do that?



1 comment:

  1. Oh, Pie. It's hard for me to really relate to this story since I have NEVER had a call from the school about a sick child. Especially a repeat offender. Nope, not me. Never have they called, I brushed them off, called again, brushed them off and called again then finally gone to the school to pick up a child to then have said child throw up all over the car on the trip home. What's that like anyway?

    ReplyDelete