Saturday, October 30, 2010

GIVE ME CHOCOLATE MILK!!!

As a parent, I am wholly dysfunctional. I am not always consistent. I probably don't spend enough quality time with my children. I yell at times. I get frustrated. But one thing I know...

When Bud screams at the top of his lungs, "GIVE ME CHOCOLATE MILK!" for 22 minutes in a row, he does not in fact get said chocolate milk.

Instead...he gets 22 minutes in the time-out chair in the middle of the living room. The volume of his pleas gets progressively louder and louder, but for some reason he doesn't get the milk and he doesn't get to leave the time-out chair.

Meanwhile, devious older child, Pie, sits like an angelic princess full of "Pleases" and "Thank yous".

It is really amazing how sickeningly sweet Pie can behave when she doesn't have to compete with Bud's normal good nature. It is the teeter-totter effect. Neither one of them can be on the high ground without driving the other to devastating depths and vice-a-versa.

Funny, really. Or really annoying on a Saturday morning.

Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment