Sunday, December 11, 2011

College Days

I am a terrible parent.

Just ask Bubba.

He tells me all of the time.

Bubba has quite a few ideas about what he wants to do. He often comes to me at random times and asks questions which I am pretty sure he already knows the answer to.

"Mom, can I grow my hair super long?" No!

"Mom, can I buy a car?" Ummm NO!

So this goes on pretty much all day, every day.

Bubba has decided that if he can't do these things now, he will do ALL of them when he gets to college...He has started a list.

Things Bubba will do in college.

1. Grow his hair really long.
2. Dye said hair a crazy color.
3. Chew gum (no, this is not an activity currently allowed in my house).
4. Play music REALLY loud.
5. Buy his own car.
6. Become a jockey.
7. Eat desert every day.
8. Tease his sister without me knowing.
9. Check his room for cameras every day to make sure I am not spying on him. Not sure why this will be in issue in college, but he must be planning on being really BAD, and really scared I will find out.
10. Eat pizza every day.
11. Wear whatever he wants.
12. Watch sports after his bedtime.
13. Never do homework again.
14. Ride his bike without a helmet.
15. Ride his bike in the street without permission.
16. Walk to the store by himself.

Yes, as you can see, I am a terrible parent.

This list will continue to grow. Every day he comes in with a new question. When I say no, he just walks out and says, "I am adding it to my list".

I am actually getting a little afraid for Bubba to go to college. I don't think my nerves are going to be able to handle it.

2 comments:

  1. See, this is why you have a spot in our parenting book. We seek out the worst of the worst. And you, my friend, are it. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete