Thursday, December 29, 2011

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

I did it. I swore I wouldn't, but I did. "Never again," I said after last year, but I did it anyway. Last year loyal readers may recall that we spent Christmas with my sister and her family (this is not the part I said I would never do again). We had a great time. They live in snow country so my kiddies were very happy. It was the whole hauling Christmas out of state, and traveling during the holidays that I swore never to do again. This does not equal total relaxation.

Enter College Daughter. "Wouldn't it be fun to spend Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa? I sure love St. George around the holidays. Wow, it sure is going to be a long, long drive for me to come home at Christmas. Maybe we should meet in the middle, say at Grandma and Grandpa's?" Don't worry folks, I am no dummy. I knew exactly what she was doing, and I let her do it anyway.

Did I mention that her missionary came home to St. George over Christmas break? Hmmm, what an interesting coincidence.

I do have to admit it was a great holiday. We had lots of Grandma and Grandpa time(both sets) and lots of cousin play time. We went to see We Bought a Zoo, played games, and even managed to have Santa visit us.

Bubba was very happy with his remote control car. Pie loves her Holiday Barbie, and College Daughter got spoiled with a new camera.

Cool Dad even managed to keep up with his exercising. I am not entirely sure I will let him post about his 13 mile run. This is a family blog, and I am pretty sure you are not supposed to say nipguards on a G-Rated blog. Nuff said!

Even though we had a great time I didn't really break out the camera. Either of them. How sad. I hauled two cameras all that way and don't have a decent picture to show for it. So I guess you have to look at our Christmas card picture. Don't fret if you haven't received yours yet, they are in the mail.


No comments:

Post a Comment