Sunday, October 17, 2010

Happy Birthday to our Pumpkin Pie

I know, I know. We are only a few months into this blog and already we are slackers. I better catch up with some October events.

At the beginning of the month we celebrated Pie's 8th birthday. She is our October baby and has always been our "Pumpkin Pie". She loves that her birthday is in October. It is her favorite month. She happily took Halloween cookies to her class. We were lucky enough to spend her birthday in Julian, CA at Apple Days. We even had some family from LA come down and meet us. She was thrilled.

Last weekend we headed to the old stomping grounds. We wanted to baptize Pie with family around. It was a wonderful weekend, and Pie was thrilled to wear the beautiful dress that her Grandma made her. I had hoped to get her out and take some good pictures, but it has been a busy week, so this is the only picture I have.



On Sunday we had a great family Fiesta, complete with Pinatas. The kids had a great time, and by kids I mean college daughter's friends who came with her for the weekend. The pinatas and wiggle cars were a bit hit. There was only one small pinata incident, but my sister doesn't want me to talk about it here. She is concerned about OSHA pulling her license.

It was a great way to spend a weekend. Even with all of the fun and cousin time we were happy to come home. It would have been nice to come home to cooler weather, but still happy to be home.

3 comments:

  1. Kid involved in said pinata incident is doing fine by the way. He walks a little crooked, and forgets every other word, but hey nothing new. ;)

    It was so good to see you guys. It's kind of weird because this was the first time you left and we stayed, it felt wrong in a way - did it not? Love you - you better come up for some time during Christmas, or New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you came up...and that you fit in a little bestie time mixed with all the family stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Little Pie! Sounds like you had a fun and loving day!

    This post drew me in, mainly because of your nickname. The only other person I've ever known with that name was my own Aunt Pie who lived all of her life in Boone County, WV.

    Nice to know you. ;)

    Blue Roses/Linda T.

    ReplyDelete