Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To

I am a little sad. When I was little my sister would ask me if I was as blue as a smurf. I think today that I am. We are really enjoying our time here in our new home, but in reading one of my friends comments I realized I missed the annual "Ugly Sweater Party" at the old stomping grounds. How sad. I remember last year we had some great sweaters. I mean who doesn't want to see a grown man wearing a salmon/coral colored sweater. There was also a lovely selection of women's holiday sweater vests (and not just on the women). The real whopper however, was the sweater borrowed from a Grandma's closet. My friend told her she was going to the "Brightest Sweater Party".

Don't think the fun stopped there. After we gorged ourselves on wonderful food, it was time for the gaming to begin. If you haven't played What's Yours Like. You should. Preferably in a large group of people that will mock you for months afterward. Let's be honest don't you want to know which of your neighbor's honeymoon ended in tears, and who's husband is inappropriate. Good times, good times.

While lamenting my sadness to Cool Dad he responded, "Well let's just have an Ugly Sweater Party of our own". Hello, have you not been reading our own blog for the past seven months? Do you ever step outside to check the temps? Not only do these people not own ugly sweaters. They don't own ANY sweaters. He did agree that I was probably correct on that count.

So I ask you people, in the land of the Heat Wavers, what will it be? Ugly Tube Top Party? Best Wife Beater Tank Party? Smallest Daisy Dukes Party?

Ohhhh the possibilities!

2 comments:

  1. I think Ugly Tube top. I should come for that!! I love the Ugly Sweater thing. That sounds like loads of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I am very intrigued with the Daisy Dukes and Speedos (i mean, come on--if that doesn't bring in the visitors- what will?!?)--I am going to give you an actual serious idear. Don't be too shocked...how about a twist on some sort of flip flop theme??
    Your welcome, I do what I can. :O)

    ReplyDelete