Sunday, January 9, 2011

It's Begining to Look a Lot Like Christmas

I had decided to take a new approach to blogging. I started thinking that in this hectic world maybe I would be the monthly blogger. I could do a quick recap of our entire month, post a few pics, and move on. I thought this would be a great plan until I started getting a little pressure on my facebook page to blog. Apparently there are still a few people out there who want to hear my ramblings. The rest of you can blame them.

We had a great Christmas. We were fortunate enough to go North. We did it in a two part vacation. First hitting the old stomping grounds for a few days, and then moving on to Northern Utah. Our first few nights we spent with family and friends, and rain. I mean it never stopped raining! I did discover a lovely new phenomenon, inviting yourself over. It goes a little like this. "Hello friend, my kids really wants to see your kids, but we don't have a house here anymore. Can they come over and play?" Repeat multiple times. Works like a charm! My kids were thrilled to get to play with some of their old friends. This will also work with adults, and allows you to plan an mini-party at someones house other than your own. I admit I do feel a little guilty about this one, but it was SO much fun. (Quick side note. Do any of you have a drawer where everything seems to end up? What do you call it? a junk drawer, right??? Cool Dad claims never to never have heard of this phrase and is still claiming the game was rigged).

Anywho...After our fun weekend we headed to Salt Lake City where we spend a great evening meeting friends and family for dinner at PF Changs. Can we get a big shout out for PF Changs. Who doesn't want to start an awesome evening with lettuce wraps? Maybe I should say, who doesn't get to start an awesome evening with lettuce wraps. That would be Cool Dad and Pie. Poor Pie got sick on our trip and missed quite a few of the activities.



I love this pic of Bubba. When you are five you can't be at a Chinese restaurant without using the chop sticks as fangs. My cousin's daughter Margot (she's been waiting on pins and needles to find out what her blog alias would be) took it a PF Changs. How clever am I? I conveniently placed him between Margot and College Daughter for dinner. It was fun to see Margot. This is one of the reasons I love Facebook. she did not grow up near us, but through Facebook we have gotten to know her better, and we have been able to schedule fun outings like this. Remember people, you asked for this rambling post. After dinner we went to see the lights at Temple Square. They were breathtaking as always, but I did not take any pictures because my hands were too cold. It seems like I am constantly complaining about the weather on this blog. It is either too hot or too cold. Hmmm.

Finally we made it to my sister house. SNOW glorious SNOW!!! That is a quote from the children, not me. Pie felt a better so the kids spent a few hours playing in the snow. They built a snowman, and a snow fort. They were in heaven. I stayed inside with hot chocolate. It was perfect.

We participated in the usual tradition of gingerbread house making and reindeer nose eating (seriously, does anything go better together than pretzels and chocolate?). I don't have a picture of the final products. I am not sure why, so you get this lovely photo of College Daughter instead.



Finally, Christmas morning!!!! My sister is adamant that we do not sleep past 6am, so we were up bright and early checking out the loot. Here is poor little sick Pie, abut she is happy as a clam because she got the doll she was asking for. College Daughter was surprised with a sewing machine. Bubba had a great Christmas, even though he did not get the things on his list. You remember "the list"...jet pack, 4-wheeler, speed boat, jet skis, flying reindeer with butterflies, shooting out of it's antlers. Yes, that list. He did also ask for a shirt and tie for church, which I am happy to report he did receive.



The festivities were short lived. We headed out on Christmas day and made the mad dash home. Cool Dad and I had to be back to that reality we call work on the Monday after Christmas. We had a glorious holiday with friends and family, and even though the the drive was long and snow was cold, and Pie was sick we wouldn't have traded it for anything. Thanks to all who made it possible. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I am leaving you with this final picture of Bubba. My lovely niece Lou gave Bubba a nerf bow and arrow for Christmas. Why, you are asking? Believe me, I was asking the same question. It is however a huge hit. As soon as we got home it was the first thing he unpacked. He wants to paint a target on our garage door. Nice, nothing says PWT like a target painted on your garage door. Although the people across the street would probably love it.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! It looks like you guys had a great winter break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the whole inviting yourself over IS genius! who wants to go looking for fun when you can fun drive itself over to your house and stay for a few hours?? and I think you could use a little PWT to fit in around your new neighborhood. go ahead, paint the target and post a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Hi! So, so glad I could be a part of your holiday visit. You guys were a big bright spot in my December. And Cool Dad has forever altered my thinking of "that drawer".

    ReplyDelete