Monday, January 17, 2011

Summer?!?!


Oh what do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green? Yes, I really do realize it is not summertime. However, when the temps are scheduled to hit 82 degrees, and you are married to an archaeologist, what do you do??

First you put on the new hiking boots that Santa gave you.

(I am wearing shorts, please don't zoom in to see if I shaved my legs today. You will be disappointed.)

Next you load up the Jeep and head down a dirt road in search of petroglyphs. We found these not too far away from Martinez Lake. It was about a two mile hike. After we finished we stopped in at the Imperial National Wildlife Refuge. They had some amazing displays and the kids got their junior ranger badges.





I guess there is only one thing left to say about the hike, wild burro poop. Pie is reading over my shoulder as I am typing this, and could not believe that I left out such an important part of the day. Yes, we did step over many, many piles of said, wild burro poop. She is devastated that I don't have any pictures to post.




This picture is for all of those who doubt we have water in our neck of the woods. Plenty of water, people. Plenty of water. If we didn't have water, none of you would be eating lettuce, cauliflower, broccoli, and other veggies this winter.



We had an awesome day enjoying great weather. Sorry to hear about all of you that are freezing. Maybe we will get some visitors now.

1 comment:

  1. 82? Shorts? Wow! You are putting us St. George folks to shame!! So nice to hear the highlight of the day for Pie was poop...and I am appalled and disappointed that there is no picture. You really missed an opportunity there--I'm thinking of the lovely pictures you took that you had in your house. Poop could of been a great addition.

    ReplyDelete