Sunday, January 30, 2011

Negative Crafty and a Hot Dress

Tomorrow is the 100th day of school. When you are in Kindergarten it is a big deal. I mean you are really just learning how to count to 100, so it is kind of cool to count out 100 things and share this accomplishment with the whole class. I have no problem with this. In fact, when Pie was in Kindergarten we dumped out Cool Dad's big tub of money, counted out 100 pennies, put them in a ziploc bag, and off do school she went.

Which brings us to this year's 100th day festivities. Bubba brings home a note that says he needs to bring 100 items to school, and they need to be displayed creatively. WHAT??? Now don't get me wrong, we love Ms. M., but really creatively? I don't have a creative bone in my body. I am negative creative. This assignment is all wrong for me. I start to panic as Bubba and I start brainstorming ideas. The best I can come up with is goldfish in a ziploc, kind of like you would get at a pet store. By this point I am totally hyperventilating. Cool Dad comes to my rescue. He has the coolest idea ever. Are we ready? We are going to LOVE this.



A giant poster board with a saguaro cactus and 100 toothpicks glued to it as the pokey spines.

What the crap? Is he high? Let a five year old glue 100 toothpicks to a giant poster board, and then have said five year old transport it to school.

Bubba LOVED the ideas of course. So take a look at our finished product. By the way, does anyone want to know if Cool Dad assisted in the gluing of even ONE toothpick?? I will let you guess the answer to that one. Although, I will give him his props for drawing the cactus.

This next picture is for my sister and my niece Lou. We have a great system in our family. College Daughter's outgrown clothes always go to Lou, and Lou's clothes come to Pie. It is an awesome system. Well, Pie is currently going through a growth spurt. She eats everything in sight. So, I decided it was probably time to pull out the grow into boxes and see what we could find. For as long as I can remember Pie has called this activity "shopping in the garage". Whenever anyone tells her something is cute, she tells them she got it shopping in the garage. I am pretty sure most people around me think everything she owns comes from garage sales, but hey, I say if you can get a dress this cute at a garage sale you should go for it.



Anywho, this little number is not normally Pie's style, but when she caught a peek at the tag (from the store of the 18in doll that shall not be named) she was hooked. She couldn't wait to wear it to church today, and I admit she looked adorable. Hot, very, very hot, but adorable. Most of the girls at church today were in sundresses, but not my Pie, faux fur and velvet in 80 degree temps. What can I say, we all have to sacrifice a little for fashion.

Well, that about wraps up our week, except for the fact that Cool Dad is STILL sick. No, it is not getting on my nerves at all. He is happy and charming when he is sick, and excellent patient. Whatever, he is headed to Instacare in the morning, or he is sleeping in the car until he gets better.

1 comment:

  1. I bet Bubba's toothpick cactus was the most creative for sure!! Good job! And your little Pie is looking so grown up. My daughter would be so jealous to know that Pie has a dress "from the store that shall not be named" :).

    ReplyDelete