Saturday, December 4, 2010

Disaster Averted...Kinda

The following was heard emanating from the back of the minivan this morning.

"Buddy and Silvia sitting in a tree..."

I listened closely as it was Buddy who was singing. Pie was coaching, but Buddy was the prime mover and I was curious as to whom might be seated in the tree next to him.

"P-I-S-..."

Apparently Bud is not familiar with the finer points of the song so it was at this point both Hot Mom and myself did a bit of parental editing.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, Bud!" began Hot Mom while gasping for air and looking around to make sure nobody from any neighboring cars were listening in. "It's K-I-S-S-I-N-G! With a K at the beginning."

"A K? Not a P?"

"Nope, definitely a K, Bud," clarified Hot Mom.

"Yeah, Bud," I began, "if you use a P instead of a K then you are saying that you and Silvia are..."

A backhand volley to the side of my head from Hot Mom.

"What were you saying, Daddy?"

"Ummm...nothing Bud. Just start with a K."

Disaster averted.

No comments:

Post a Comment