Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Talk Radio...Not So Much

I know people may think we are odd (even more so now) but we don't have cable or Dish Network. The television in our house currently gets four channels. Five if someone stands on one foot and holds onto the antenna. One of the channels is PBS, which my kids can watch on Friday afternoons, and weekends. Two are Spanish channels (Cool Dad watches alot of soccer in Spanish), and NBC and ABC. That is it folks, which leads us to today's post. To help alleviate some of his pain Cool Dad likes to listen to Sports Talk Radio, which I really really hate (and we don't even use that word in our family).

This takes us to last weekend. Cool Dad has been in a TV coma. We were at his parents for a few nights, and then at a hotel. He practically had the remote super glued to his hand. I understand that he is a sports junkie and he had to give up ESPN for us to become a non-connected family, but he did it, and I am glad. However, the downside is, when said sports junkie comes in contact ESPN again it turns ugly, I mean , it really isn't pretty folks. I knew that Cool Dad would watch ESPN non-stop, and I was prepared for that. What I was not prepared for is the fact that Cool Dad was WATCHING talk radio on TV. THAT IS SO WRONG. That is like triple wrong. Talk Sports Radio is bad on the radio, it is a nightmare on TV. I admit I happy to get back to our boring, low entertainment life where we look forward to watching last night's episodes today on Hulu.

No comments:

Post a Comment