Friday, December 3, 2010



A few weeks ago we attended our city's balloon festival. It is the second year we have been lucky enough to go. Last year we were on a "let's take a look at this city because we might have a job there" trip and we just lucked into it. This year we had been looking forward to it for weeks. Bright and early Saturday morning we headed to the park. The launch was a little delayed due to weather, but it was well worth the wait just to see how excited my kids were. You would have thought they were blowing the balloons up themselves. Because of wind they didn't stay up long but it was still worth the early morning trip.







Later that night we ventured to the baseball stadium for the balloon glow. My kids love to wander around the park where the balloon pilots give out stickers, candy, and flashing glow in the dark rings. It was a second annual success for the Heat Wavers especially since the only cost for both activities...four cans of food for the local food bank. I really should change the name of this blog to free/cheap things to do in my city.

2 comments:

  1. perhaps the first time I can say I'm jealous you live in Yuma. and I didn't think I would ever say those words. :) ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to second Anne. And what's up with you guys doing all this fun stuff with your kids all the time, anyway?!? Your making me look bad People!

    ReplyDelete