Sunday, July 18, 2010

Color Dotz and the Cool Dad

Okay, so I have a little problem. My oh-so-devious Sister-in-Law has gifted Bubba and Pie some "non-toxic water coloring tablets" called Crayola Color Dotz.

I say "non-toxic" as that is what the packaging says right on it..."non-toxic". HOWEVER, on the very same packaging the words "Do not eat" and "Do not apply around eyes" appear.

There is also an advisory note on the packaging that says "Intended for bath use only". Are they serious? I mean that is like saying "Play-do" should not be applied to carpeted surfaces or that permanent markers are to be used only on items that need to be permanently marked.

Intended for bath use only?

NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!

So a few nights ago (after the dancing burro fiasco) Bubba proceeds to place a single "Color Dot" in the tub with him. I was not aware of said "Color Dot" and upon entering the bathroom to check on him I am greeted with my Bubba in a pool of bright blue liquid. Having taken chemistry in college and knowing the propensity of Bubba to relieve himself in the tub, I was panic-stricken, shocked, disgusted and kinda hilariously entertained. I thought, "Either my little boy has some serious plumbing problems or Yuma County has some serious plumbing problems." I did not know which. I might have freaked but...then he showed me the blue tablet.

Whew!

So...after reading the warnings against digesting the stuff and the toxicity confusion, I am here to say that I will be testing out the Color Dotz in a bathtub near me.

Tonight may be the night. 260 pounds of All-American Archaeologist in a tub with a rubber duck, a bag of Doritos and a Color Dot. Sounds like a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment