Saturday, July 17, 2010

You Might Be a Redneck

We have a little problem in our new house. Somebody (Cool Dad) decided that Bubba would get the bedroom with the East facing window. We have been going through this for five years people. We all know this is a bad idea yet we moved forward, set up beds and shipped in the toys. Bubba is now happy as a clam in his new room. I am even happy to have Bubba in his new room, right up until the crack of dawn when the first tiny light leaks through those cheap rental blinds, and he opens his eyes, jumps out of bed, runs into my room, puts his sweet face about an inch from mine, and says at the top of his lungs, “GOOD MORNING”. Is it really??? I mutter incoherently, “I hate Cool Dad.” Bubba is quick to pipe up, “Mama, we don’t say hate in our family.” It is 5am; how am I supposed to remember the words we don’t say in our family.

It is time for something to be done. I am inventive, I am creative…well, not really, but I needed the pep talk. Ok, think. I have it, perfect, no cost, and no impact to walls or cheap rental blinds. Solution: Black plastic bags taped to the window with blue painters tape. Tada, instant redneck blackout shades. I blissfully slept until 7:15 this morning (insert chorus of hallelujah).

1 comment:

  1. FYI Walmart also carries some really cheap blackout curtains. It's like $20 for a pair. Just saying if you ever want to ditch the redneck blackout shades and move on up to the deluxe Walmart variety....

    ReplyDelete