Thursday, July 15, 2010

Top Ten Things I Have Noticed About Our New City

1. It is HOT, as in 114-116 degrees hot.

2. It is flat, and there are no red rocks. Can somebody ship me a box full of red rocks? Oh how I miss my red rocks.

3. The water out of the tap is always very warm. Hence, all clothes are washed in warm water even if you didn’t want them to be. Brushing your teeth?? Mmmm warm water.

4. It is HOT, as in at 7pm it is still 107 degrees.

5. Even though it is summer there are still quite a few older folks around. Be prepared to be stopped in WalMart to hear kid stories, and have them fuss over your kids.

6. I came from the desert. I am just as big a fan as the next person when it comes to water conservation. I have seen lovely homes with great zero scape landscaping. Here, not so much… gray pea gravel???? Really people?? That is the prettiest thing you could find for EVERY front yard.

7. The people here are big into their pool parties. Daddy daughter date…pool party. Mother daughter activity…pool party. YM&YW…pool party. Now if we could just meet a few people with a pool.

8. I do feel a little at home when I get out in the area with all of the fields. Yesterday I followed a combine home. There is still a little Idaho in me.

9. Everyone here speaks Spanglish. There are enough English words thrown in that you get the drift of the conversation, just not the details.

10. It is HOT, as in never want to leave the house again, hot.

Who wants to come for a visit?????

2 comments:

  1. You're back!! You have a new blog!! I'm the first commenter!! WOOHOO!!

    So long swim mom, hello Hot Mom and Cool Dad. Love the new lay-out. I'm getting the impression its hot down there, no? Maybe you should have a pool party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um . . . sorry, I was doing PTA business and took a blog break and well, its actually Anne not really the PTA commenting. Thought I'd clarify.

    ReplyDelete