Wednesday, July 14, 2010

WWW.Moron

Well, we are starting to get settled in. There have been some bumps and bruises along the way (mostly on my legs…who knew boxes could be so dangerous). One of the biggest pains was getting connected with the world again. After we had been in the house a couple of days I called the Internet/Cable provider to work on getting service set up. I went through the whole process with the rep only to get to the end and have her tell me that we could get this set up as soon as we moved into the house…WHAT??

The conversation went a little something like this.

Me: “We are moved into the house. We have been here two days.”

Lady: “Are you actually moved in??”

Me: “Yes” (isn’t that what I just said??)

Lady: “According to our records there is someone else living at that house.”

Me: “Where?? I can assure you that the previous tenants have moved out, and we are living here now, so will you hook up my internet?”

Lady: “Let me check with my supervisor” Pause, “no, sorry, he says someone else is living in that house and we can’t hook up your internet.”

Me: “Are you kidding me, I am actually standing in the house, right now, at this very minute, and I am the only one here. Trust me, the other people are gone. Please hook up my internet.”

Lady: “I’m sorry miss, but according to my records you are not living in that house.”

Me: “Lucky for me there are other internet providers. I will call one of them. Have a nice day.”

The other company had me up and running in a couple of days. I think that was the hardest part about the move. I can live without TV, but I love my internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment