Sunday, August 22, 2010

No Spitting!

Today is Sunday. I relax on Sundays. It is a day of rest, and I take this very literally. I love that my kiddies are to the point where they can entertain themselves with minimal fighting through the afternoon. This really comes in handy with the rest part of my day.

Today they were taking turns playing on the computer. They were playing on the Friend website while I relaxed on Bubba's bed. The Primary songs from the website were lulling me into deeper relaxation, possibly early stages of sleep, but not full on log sawing like Cool Dad. At one point during the afternoon things got a little loud and I thought I could hear spitting from the office. Since I was in mid-relax I didn't get up, I just yelled, "no spitting". The noises stopped and I resumed my lovely state of rest.

Fast Forward about 30 minutes and the phone rings(thanks big sister for interrupting my nap). I ran into the office to answer it. As I start talking I notice that they are both standing at the computer and the office chair has been drug all the way across the room. I pause in the conversation with my sister to ask them why they are standing, and of course their reply, "you said no sitting". I said, "I said no spitting!". Sweet Pie's response, "oooh". With a classic look on her face that seems to say, "well that certainly makes more sense."

Should I get their ears checked? Should I ponder deeply why this particular command was followed while so many others are not? In the end I just laughed hysterically like my sister at the thought of them standing working at the computer for 30 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. What little obediant children you have....Bubba must have learned that obediance lesson from the screaming at the park the day we thought he and Gil went missing. But really they were hiding on the play ground in the tube.
    Oh how is Hawaii? Because that is where Gwyn thinks Bubba moved to.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just still in shock over the fact they actually listened....to any command. Wait a second.....hold the phone.....I think I may be on to something.....didn't you say that you said this while you were half asleep???? THAT'S IT!!! "Parenting from bed while half asleep" Could you start working on that chapter for the book ASAP? Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete