Sunday, September 26, 2010

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

I have a sweet niece. We will call her Lou. Lou has started texting me on a regular basis and informing me of the number of days until Christmas. You might be asking why she does this. Well, the first reason is she and her Mom are fanatics about Christmas. I am willing to bet that they have already started listening to Christmas music this year. Some years they don't ever stop. It is not unheard of to go to their house and hear Christmas music at Easter. The second reason is that she knows it drives me crazy.

I love Christmas just as much as the next person, but I am an organized freak. I used to think I was a failure if I was not done with my Christmas shopping by Thanksgiving. I have since given that up to the chaos that is my life. However, that does not mean I am any less stressed when the text comes in telling me there are only 89 days until Christmas.

After the text came in the other day I decided I better get busy, and start asking the kids what they want for Christmas.

Here is Bubba's list:

horse
race car
boat
4-wheeler
jet pack
reindeer with butterflies shooting out of his antlers
slippers
new shirt and tie for church

I really don't want to think about how many days until Christmas. It is giving me a headache.

2 comments:

  1. With a list as simple and reasonable as that, I really don't know what you are stressed about....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me Mom but the correct term is "90 sleeps until Christmas" Lou would be so disappointed. ;)

    ReplyDelete