Monday, September 27, 2010

The Exterminator Strikes Again

Hot Mom spots a cricket in house.

Hot Mom rushes to get vacuum.

Hot Mom attempts to suck said cricket in to said vacuum with hose attachment.

Hilarity ensues.

Let me digress for a brief moment to set the appropriate scene. Hot Mom is mortified of all creepy-crawlies and generally leaves that job for Cool Dad. Generally speaking, Cool Dad and Bubba are professionals at eliminating creepy-crawlies. We don't mind the tough hours and the on-call status, but for some unknown reason, tonight, Hot Mom flew solo.

It began with a brief but well-executed "Ooh" followed by another "Ooh" and then an "Ooh, ooh!" Then silence.

I was mildly curious about the "Oohs" but not curious enough at this early stage to get off my fat backside and investigate.

A few moments later, the sound of a vacuum emanated from the family room followed by another high pitched "Ooh". Then a quick "Ooh! Ahh! Ooh!"

What the crap! Was she dancing on hot coals or something?

"Ooh! Ooh-ooh-ooh! No! Oh, no! Ooh!"

I panicked. I ran in expecting...what? I couldn't even imagine the scene I would encounter.

I arrived to see this:

Hot Mom in a cold sweat holding the vacuum hose attachment like some meth-addicted Darth Vader with a light saber, parrying it in to the carpet with wild abandon while shrieking like a crazed Banshee.

"Ooh! Ooh, ooh!"

I nearly fell over. At that exact moment, Hot Mom plunged her weapon in to the carpet with singular focus and...

...the vacuum came unplugged and the cricket jumped away.

"PLUG IT BACK IN!"

Pie looked at her Mom like she was a cross between June Cleaver and Linda Blair and quickly plugged in the vacuum.

"Ooh! Ooh...ooh...ooh...oh, look, got him! Whew!"

Good times.

Good times.

2 comments:

  1. The cricket I'd cope with - anything with 8 legs and I'd be all over it just like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this blog just on the off chance you'll use such literary gems as "meth addicted Darth Vader" and I'm never disappointed.

    ps- yesterday morning, before 7:30am mind you, I killed a spider. every thing else I got accomplished was gravy, that was the highlight.

    ReplyDelete