Friday, September 3, 2010

Hot Mom is Bursting with Pride, but the Good Kind

Hello,

I would like you to meet College Daughter.



She is amazing, wonderful, kind, and beautiful. She is an unbelievably great friend to me. This week she started her senior year of college. That is a awesome accomplishment considering she just had her 19th birthday, but she is just that kind of girl.

She is a great big sister who is adored by her brother and sister. She is the kind of sister who will still sit on the floor and play Candyland. She is a very popular swim teacher back at the old stomping grounds, and can hardly make it down the hallways at church without a million kiddie hugs from all of her students...she LOVES it. She is anxious to finish school and work with little kids.

She is extremely thoughtful, and a great listener. We talk on the phone every day sometimes a couple of times a day. She tells me about school, and boys, and boys. I love that we have that kind of relationship.

I love that she made me a CD for my road trip to he**, and that she included songs that were fun, or had special meaning for us. Her favorite song when she was four was Waterloo by ABBA. She used to beg me to play it over and over again in the car. I admit I cried when that song came on. I laughed out loud when My Life Would Suck Without You came on. Let's face it, my life would suck without her. It is a great CD, and I still listen to it a couple of times a week and think of my sweet girl.

That is all, I just wanted to the world to know how proud I am of College Daughter and what an amazing, wonderful, sweet, and great kid she is.

Love,
Hot Mom

5 comments:

  1. Awwwww, I'm sorry you are so far away from her. And I'm sorry you are so far away from us now that we might not see her anymore. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!! That is crazy to think she is already a senior! We LOVE that college daughter of yours. She really is an amazing girl. I can only hope I have the kind of relationship the two of you have with my own girls! You did really good with her :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want my little girl to grow up to be the kind of girl College Daughter is. Heck, I want to be like College Daughter too! She's all of the things you mentioned and humble to boot. with enough cajoling, could she come here and do swim lessons again????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, College Daughter....how you are loved!! Really by everyone that crosses your path. Hot Mom, you did something very, very right to end up with her. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, can we all have a College Daughter just like yours? She is a dream! And I second the swim lessons motion...

    ReplyDelete