Sunday, February 6, 2011

Blah, Blah, Blah

I have been sick since Christmas. You know...the coughing, hacking, spitting, phlegming, stuffy head, fever, wish-you-could-kick-it-but-you-can't variety of sickness.

The problem with said sickness is that I don't really feel bad enough to stay home, but I don't really feel well enough to go to work...so...I go to work and whine about how sick I am and then when I get home, Hot Mom yells at me.

After six weeks of the yuck, I finally went in to the QuickCare to see the doctor. Now, I say "doctor" with a tongue firmly in my Halls mentho-lyptus-soaked cheek, because the QuickCare doctor that works the 10:00 PM - 7:00 AM shift is more of a...hmm...work in progress. He tells me he went to medical school at a college someplace in Florida (not a school I had ever heard of) then scrambled around a few other ports of call before he wound up here in the blistering heat.

Anywho...I was so sick, I didn't care who saw me, I just wanted them to give me a Z-pack and a keg of NyQuil.

The verdict: A sinus infection.

The treatment plan: One painful shot in the buttocks and then antibiotics for the next 3 1/2 years.

The final word from Hot Mom: "You should have gone in a month ago when I told you to, now it will be...blah, blah, blah.

1 comment:

  1. No way! That's so interesting whenever Malorie says, "I told you..." she always follows up with "blah blah blah" as well! Now that's just crazy.

    ReplyDelete