Monday, February 7, 2011

Wishing I had Chosen Wisely

I chose poorly.

Am I crazy? Don't answer that. "Why am I crazy," you may ask. Remember last week when I explained the whole back to school situation. I believe I said something about really enjoying it, etc., etc.

I chose poorly.

See, it's like this. I am not minding the actual class. Amazingly enough I am enjoying the subject matter (Don't tell Cool Dad. He will want to talk archaeology all of the time, without an eye roll from me). I am discovering that there are certain aspects of archaeology I even find fascinating (not the dirt). All that being said, the one thing that I love the most, is being by myself. Some of you non-mothers are saying, "you aren't by yourself, you are in a class room with twenty-five other people", but you moms out there know that as long as nobody is screaming, "MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM" you are all alone.

IT WAS AWESOME, DELIGHTFUL, GLORIOUS, AMAZING, until this week rolled around. I had a paper due tonight. I stressed and fretted about it all week. What will I write? Will I get a good grade? What in the crap is stratigraphy, and how will I write two pages about it? Oh the stress, and then it hit me.

I chose poorly.

I didn't actually have to sign up for school. I could have signed up for a weekly spa night, or a weekly meditation night. Maybe a weekly movie with the girls, but no, I signed up for school. A whole semester of papers due each week, random quizzes and a final presentation that I am already stressing about.

I chose poorly.

No comments:

Post a Comment