Saturday, February 26, 2011

I Need Sleep

The kid is killing me, and by kid, I obviously mean Bubba. Why oh why can’t he give me a Saturday morning to sleep in? Just one? Please?

Our weekly routine works like this. Cool Dad is usually up and moving by 6:30ish. He has to get showered and ready for work so he can wake the kids up at 7, get them breakfast and start getting them ready for school. Me, at 6:55 I roll onto the floor and crawl down the hall to the office where I prop myself up in my chair, and boot up my computer for work. It’s a tough job, but somebody has to be willing to make the long commute.

Cool Dad heads to work and the kids head to school. It works for us.
So, on Saturday mornings I let Cool Dad sleep in. See the above paragraph where Cool Dad WAKES up the children at 7am. So why is Bubba coming in to my room at 6am on a SATURDAY? This is not fair; this is not equal division of kid responsibility. Didn’t Bubba get the memo? We sleep in on Saturdays.

Last night I even announced, “Tomorrow is Saturday. Let’s all sleep in. Doesn’t extra sleep sound nice? Dad won’t have to get you up for school tomorrow.”
Don’t think I don’t know what is driving this, but I don’t think it would be fair to take away the Wii on Saturday mornings; it is the only time they really get to play it.

Why oh why can’t I be the type of person that can fall back to sleep after the kiddies wake me up? Luckily I have something productive to do with my early morning…blog!

1 comment:

  1. Good thing I never was much of a sleeper inner because my children have ruined me. RUINED ME, I say. I fear these tired eyes of mine may never sleep past 7am again. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete