Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pizza is a Food Group

I LOVE pizza. I am serious. I really, really love pizza. It is like a food group to me, a total staple in my life. When all else fails, eat pizza. Pizza is good for any meal, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a midnight snack. I have felt this way for years. Oh the great places I have eaten pizza. Louie's in Sun Valley, Doc N Dan's in Rupert, Grizzly Bear in Burley, Two Fat Guys in St. George, and a Round Table where ever I can find one. I am dying just thinking about it.

As a little girl my dad used to tell me that he would rather take my brother or sister (both teenagers at the time) to pizza instead of me. At least with them he had half a chance of getting one of their pieces. Oh, I do love pizza.

Why does this matter? "Who cares", says you? Well, let me tell you why it matters. I have a child who HATES pizza. I mean really hates it. Won't even consider going out for pizza. How did this happen to me? I am a good person. Why, oh why, was my family stricken with this problem?

Well, I have big news this week. Big news. Sweet Pie going to a birthday party Friday night. She won't be joining us for dinner. I get to go out for pizza(insert Hallelujah chorus)!!

Now I just have to decide where. There aren't that many places here in our new town, but I am willing to try every one of them. I keep asking Cool Dad where we should go, and he looks at me like I am insane. He so does not get it.

4 comments:

  1. Oops, we are having pizza for dinner over here at Kenzie's birthday, poor girl, she just can't escape the pizza. We will have popcorn though to go with the movie and of course cake and ice cream! Kenz is so excited that she is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries Alison. We already have plan B in place. She will be eating Mac-n-cheese before she comes over. She is very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What me to ask my friend Kent Coffman town there? He grew up there and would know them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duff-you do know that Kent and Amy are in our ward, right?

    ReplyDelete