Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cool Dad is my Valentine

We Heat Wavers had a pretty great Valentine weekend. With Valentine’s Day on a Monday we were able to start our celebration on Friday night.

About four years ago, out of necessity (I forgot it was Valentine’s Day), I implemented the family Valentine party. It works a little like this. All family members’ names are placed into a jar. Each person draws out a name, and presto you have a Valentine. The family then heads to the store, everyone with their allotted money and off we go. After the shopping we pass out the Valentines and this year we were lucky enough to get to go out to dinner too.

Pie bought Hot Mom a necklace.
Hot Mom bought Pie two Barbies.
Bubba bought Cool Dad a Wii game (yes, we are a Wii family now, but that is a post for another day).
Cool Dad bought Bubba a skateboard-don’t even get me started. I am still not convinced he actually stuck to the limit.

Good times!

On Saturday the Achievement Day girls in our ward volunteered to babysit so parents could go out for Valentine’s Day. Talk about awesome. Cool Dad and I enjoyed an evening out eating Japanese food, looking at a 2011 Chevy Camaro (WOW), and looking at books at Barnes and Noble. Love Date Night!

I thought that would wrap up our Valentine’s Day weekend, but Cool Dad surprised me. On Monday night when I came home from school he had chocolates and a book for me.

Thanks Cool Dad.

1 comment:

  1. I would claim to feel extremely left out. But luckily you saved yourself with the package you sent me. Love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete