Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Waffles...It's Whats for Dinner

We had waffles for dinner tonight, not very original, but really quite tasty. We are the type of family who thinks it is ok to eat breakfast for dinner.

We are not a Bisquick/Krustees waffle family. I like to use my mother-in laws recipe. It is hands down the best one I have tasted. The waffles in this house are made from scratch. One of the few things that are.

Anywho, as I mixed up the batter I started thinking about College Daughter (sometimes I think my mind is like that commercial for the search engine, Bing. I think of one thing and immediately spin off to something totally different, completely losing my train of thought) where was I?? Oh yes, College Daughter. While pouring batter into my waffle iron I remembered why I have a fairly new waffle iron.

It goes a little something like this.

One night Cool Dad and I left College Daughter and her friend Liesl to babysit the little ones. They were approximately sixteen at the time. On date night they are pretty much on their own for dinner, frozen pizza, mac 'n cheese, whatever. Apparently this particular night none of this appealed to them and they decided to make waffles, Grandma's waffles from scratch.

At this point the story gets a little foggy on who did what. The one fact I do know, is that when I came home from my date my waffle iron was GLUED SHUT. Yes, you read that correctly. GLUED SHUT.

I am positive you are all wondering, "What in the world could have caused this?"
Well, let’s just check with our readers. Have any of you ever used POWDERED SUGAR instead of flour in a recipe? Let me tell you what it makes…GLUE.

Hello new waffle maker.

Luckily I still love them both.

3 comments:

  1. we had waffles for dinner at our house too. Only ours were frozen kirkland signature waffles. obviously, not nearly as tasty as homemade from grandma's recipe. oh and one of them was a little charred in the toaster so now my house smells like burnt waffle. nice. and the gluey waffle iron story never gets old, ever. so glad you shared it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are going to dangle a good sounding recipe out there I would like Marilyn's waffle recipe. Although an organic glue might not be a bad idea either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious. Good job, College Daughter! I too am wondering where the recipe is....? Hello! Don't temp me with these delish things and then not share. Come on, I love breakfast for dinner. :o)

    ReplyDelete